Infographic: Manufacturing Success: How ToolsGroup Customers Excel
With Service Optimizer 99+ (SO99+) ToolsGroup’s manufacturing customers commonly achieve a 10-30% reduction in inventory, improve product availability to 96% or better, and reduce overhead (such as overtime and expedited freight) by 50%. Read this infographic to learn how they do it.
Amid escalating demand variability, SKU proliferation, pressure from competitors, product obsolescence and capacity constraints, ToolsGroup’s service-driven supply chain planning is a manufacturer’s best ally for meeting service commitments while reducing inventory.
Aston Martin, manufacturer of luxury sports cars and grand tourers, faced a challenge due to an increasingly international client base. At the same time, its board raised targets for first-time availability (FTA) by 2%, without increasing inventory.
- Reduced inventory value of safety stock on clustered items by 18%
- Immediately improved FTA service levels to 97.1%
CIPLA Medpro is a pharmaceutical company that produces world-class medicines at affordable prices. Their products are distributed in more than 160 countries.
- Stockouts now less than 1%; able to identify potential problems up to 4 months ahead
- Achieved ‘autonomous supply chain planning’, ending reliance on manual overrides
- Planning solution fully operational in just 30 days
“Thanks to the continuous improvement program with ToolsGroup, we’re now at the point where we can confidently switch off our own manual overrides and put complete trust in the forecasts.” – Joseph Ludorf, Executive Director Supply Chain, CIPLA Medpro
Mitsubishi Electric Europe sought to reduce inventory while improving service levels, in spite of the complexities of a highly seasonal business that revolves around urgent repairs.
- Reduced spare parts stock by 30%
- Increased service level from 87% to 97%, even during seasonal demand peaks
Höganäs is the world’s leading producer of iron and metal powders for automotive components, brazing, electrical motors, additive manufacturing and water treatment.
- Reporting sped up by 50%
- Forecast errors halved
- Enhanced foundation for decision making (S&OP)
“We went for a large global roll-out right from the outset rather than tackling it in small pieces. This was possible because the system was easy to learn and we didn’t need to make local changes to it. Salespeople from all the different markets took part in the implementation so now they are brought into it and fully trained.” -Ralf Carlstrom, General Manager, Höganäs
ToolsGroup’s manufacturing customers commonly achieve:
- 10-30% reduction in inventory
- 96% or better product availability
- 50% reduction in overhead (such as overtime and expedited freight)