Digital Transformation in Supply Chain Planning: 2021
Digital transformation in supply chain planning is accelerating as companies around the world urgently seek ways to better plan around supply chain demand volatility and improve resilience and agility by converting legacy processes and technologies to digital.
Download this global survey report conducted by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) and ToolsGroup, aimed at benchmarking supply chain planning digital transformation strategies in a post-pandemic economy. The report includes these and other crucial insights:
- 42% of organizations say the pandemic has accelerated their supply chain planning digital transformation roadmaps.
- The top drivers for digital transformation in planning is the desire to keep up with evolving customer behaviors and expectations (44%) and the need to increase automation to focus staff on higher level activities (43%).
- The biggest obstacle to digital planning transformation is skills/staffing deficits (41%).
- Demand forecasting and inventory optimization are top priorities for digital supply chain planning investment.
- Half of those firms reaping the benefits of planning digitization say their transformation is being led by their CEO.