Technical Support L2Johannesburg, South Africa Technical Support &Product
ToolsGroup a leading provider of cloud-based, service-driven supply chain automation solutions for retailers, distributors and manufacturers. We serve the planning needs of many of the world’s most recognized brands. Our solutions help companies to meet their service-level commitments to their customers while minimizing inventory and improving planner productivity through automation.
Having been high performing for more than 20 years, we have a loyal global customer base of more than 300 customers worldwide in more than 44 countries and an excellent reputation for delivering high quality product and superior results.
ToolsGroup is recognized in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Nucleus Value Matrices. Our solutions include Demand Analytics, Planning and Sensing, Inventory Optimisation and DRP. Demand Planning & Sensing, Inventory Optimization, Replenishment and Sales & Operations Planning. Our unique approach to planning supports highly intelligent decision-making, combined with ease-of-use.
About the Role
We have nearly tripled the size of the business in the last decade. With increased analyst recognition, new products and an expanding sales and distribution network, we are currently enjoying the fastest growth in our company’s history.
The main purpose of the Technical Support L2 is to provide 2nd Level technical support on ToolsGroup software products and solutions, by troubleshooting issues in a timely and efficient manner in order to provide user-friendly response to customers, reaching the highest level of satisfaction.
- Provide support to customers through various channels, including telephone, email, and other media to respond to issues within defined Service Level Agreements ("SLA's").
- Log and manage cases in the Customer Support Portal system.
- Solicit sufficient information to make an accurate initial diagnosis of a customer's technical problems.
- Troubleshoot issues; including pulling logs, analysing logs, simulating a customer's environment to duplicate problems, execute API calls, and SQL scripts.
- Perform problem analysis and isolate problems of moderate to high complexity, with general instruction and oversight from team leads and/or management.
- Own and be accountable for issues until resolution, including setting appropriate customer expectations, monitoring progress on referred problems, keeping customer apprised of progress, and collaborating with other teams as needed.
- Escalate issues to internal software engineering team if required, while remaining the primary contact for customer.
- Resolve incidents in a timely manner as per established SLAs.
- Solve basic and common user problems in real time, including software functionality problems and questions; data communication/networking troubleshooting; installation problems and questions; and OS and browser related issues.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Microsoft SQL experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years data integration techniques experience.
- Prior experience working in the retail industry, manufacture or supply chain at a help desk is a plus but is not required.
- Familiarity with APIs.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software and database platforms.
- Experience with Programming languages such as Java, Visual Basic or C#
- Experience with MS-Windows operating systems.
- Detailed Orientation, strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Great team player / collaborative mind set.
- Capability to prioritise and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Our people are the engine that propels ToolsGroup to innovate - pushing the boundaries of what's possible. You’ll be surrounded by the very best and brightest, rewarded with competitive compensation, and career growth opportunities; becoming part of a company where teamwork and collaboration are paramount.
Are you ready to take this exciting opportunity and develop your professional career within a growing company?
Then, send us your application today and join our team!