Technical ConsultantBoston, MA / Remote US Professional Services
ToolsGroup is the world’s most experienced provider of market-driven demand analytics and supply chain optimization software. Having been high performing for more than 20 years, we have a loyal global customer base of more than 300 customers worldwide in more than 44 countries and an excellent reputation for delivering high quality product and superior results. Our recent acquisition of the JustEnough demand management suite strengthens our positioning across the supply chain into retail.
ToolsGroup is recognized in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Nucleus Value Matrices. Our solutions include Demand Analytics, Planning and Sensing, Inventory Optimisation and DRP, as well as demand forecasting, replenishment & allocation, and merchandise financial and assortment planning on the retail side. Our unique “Powerfully Simple” approach supports highly intelligent decision-making, combined with ease-of-use.
About the Role
Play a lead role in working with the customer technical team to define data integrations between customer systems and the newly implemented solutions. Configure the solution as defined in the business solution design and providing issue resolution during the overall testing process. The technical consultant will provide direction, support, and subject matter expertise to the customer project team. This includes analysis of business and technical requirements, project objectives, performing fit and gap analysis, and provide recommendations to customer based on collaboration with the internal development teams. It is important that the person in this role has a basic understanding of retail concepts and methodologies, has good problem-solving skills, and has the ability to work independently with limited supervision. This role also requires a strong background in Microsoft SQL.
- Facilitate and lead technical design sessions, providing best practice recommendations regarding integration and system architecture between customer and ToolsGroup systems.
- Support business consultant working with customer team to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Document correspondence, decisions, and other communications with customer and internal stakeholders.
- Work with Project Manager to develop a project plan, budget, scope, charter and assist with managing of project scope and open issues.
- Act as a liaison between customer end-users, technical/information technology analysts, and technical consultants in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of system to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Develop the technical solution design document including identified changes and/or gaps, according to ToolsGroup standards.
- Provide guidance to technical resources during technical design sessions.
- Development using SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Management Studio, and the TooslGroup front end application to build the data integration and processes required to support the business design.
- Interpret system and functional literature and translate in terms understandable to the end-users.
- Support internal functional testing including investigating potential issues and providing problem resolution.
- Support end-to-end, system integration and user acceptance testing and testing of new functionality.
- Provide training, mentoring, and coaching of customer technical staff.
- Document system setup and lead handover session to the ToolsGroup support team.
- Currently all project work is done remotely. Applicant must have ability to work remotely from home, but be willing to travel with travel requirements potentially increasing up to 75% in the future.
- 3-5 years’ experience implementing ERP or retail solutions as either a consultant or customer.
- Strong Microsoft SQL experience (minimum of 3 years) in a client-server environment with structured coding, testing and debugging skills.
- Experience with GIT
- Working knowledge of retail financial and open-to-buy planning, merchandise planning, assortment planning, replenishment & allocation, demand forecasting, inventory planning.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - both written and oral, including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to facilitate a technical and business requirements gathering session with a group of up to 25 users and document what you learn.
- Analytical thinker with strong math and problem-solving skills.
- Project management experience – ability to put together and manage to a simple project plan and
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Education – minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
Why Join ToolsGroup?
We are a team of people who are crazy about Retail, Supply Chain, Machine Learning and Success! You’ll accomplish great things at ToolsGroup and grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; you will do the best work of your career and from long-lasting professional relationships with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.