Supply Chain Planning & Analytics LeadBoston, MA Consulting, Supply Chain Software
ToolsGroup is a leading provider of cloud-based, service-driven supply chain automation solutions for retailers, distributors and manufacturers. We serve the planning needs of many of the world’s most recognized brands including Harley Davidson, P&G, Absolut and Aston Martin. Our solutions help companies to meet their service-level commitments to their customers while minimizing inventory and improving planner productivity through automation.
ToolsGroup is recognized in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Nucleus Value Matrices. Our solutions include Demand Planning & Sensing, Inventory Optimization, Replenishment and Sales & Operations Planning. Our unique approach to planning supports highly intelligent decision-making, combined with ease-of-use.
About the Role
Experiencing the fastest growth in our company’s history, ToolsGroup is seeking a Lead for Supply Chain Planning and Analytics to help establish our Managed Planning Services team. Working from our Boston headquarters or remotely in Chicago, our Managed Planning Services team is a critical extension of our clients’ everyday business. We monitor and curate the operation of their ToolsGroup implementation on their behalf, collaborating with them to provide the insight they need to take their business to the next level.
As a member of this elite team, you’ll be working in a hybrid environment that’s an exciting mix of planning, consulting and business start-up. You will primarily be focused on the execution of planning tasks on behalf of our customers, but you will also be helping to build internal processes and infrastructure as we establish and grow ToolsGroup’s Managed Planning Services team.
- Provide daily direction to and share responsibility with our offshore team for completing daily/weekly/monthly planning tasks on behalf of and as agreed with the customers
- Share responsibility with our offshore team for monitoring system outputs/results and ensuring quick identification and recovery from anomalies
- Provide regular updates on supply chain and operational performance to clients
- Analyze and continuously improve performance of the customer’s planning process to meet established KPIs
- Establish a solid general understanding of the clients’ business, and actively participate in client cross functional teams to drive operational and financial performance
- Work with clients and team members to ensure clients achieve expected value from services
- Facilitate the definition of additional project scope, goals and deliverables per client’s needs
- Respond to support inquiries from the client and provide training as needed
- Create process documentation and help test customer implementations
- Help establish ToolsGroup Managed Planning Services back-office processes and train other ToolsGroup planners
- 3-5 years of supply chain planning experience with hands-on experience in demand, inventory and/or replenishment planning
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Economics) or relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of advanced planning systems and concepts
- Good understanding of supply chain quantitative methods
- Strong oral and written communication skills, especially for collaborating with client contacts
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Strong analytical/reasoning skills with knowledge and proficiency in Excel
- Skills to manage multiple tasks under competing priorities
- Comfort working with some ambiguity, potentially creating processes where none exist
- A willingness to travel 10 - 20% of the time
- Experience in managing relationships with Business leaders and/or clients
- An advanced degree in Supply Chain or an MBA
- APICS certification preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, and either SQL Server or Oracle is helpful
We are a team of people who are crazy about Supply Chain, Machine Learning and Success! You’ll accomplish great things at ToolsGroup and grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; you will do the best work of your career and form long-lasting professional relationships with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Our benefits don't stop with competitive salaries, 401K matching with immediate vesting, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life/disability insurance. We also provide our employees with an annual performance bonus, commuter reimbursement, on-site fitness center, fancy coffee in tiny cups, lots of “groupie grub,” flexible work schedules and most importantly… the opportunity to surround yourself with the very best and brightest from around the globe.