Solutions ConsultantBoston, Massachusetts Sales
We are a dynamic, rapidly growing global company and the innovators of service-driven supply chain planning software. For more than two decades, we’ve been helping companies around the world overcome demand volatility and supply chain complexity so they can deliver outstanding service to their customers and bottom line.
Our solutions have been recognized by customers globally and analyst firms, such as Gartner, for our ability to support service and inventory trade-offs, while dramatically improving planner productivity. ToolsGroup has been successfully deployed worldwide in more than 44 countries, and we have one of the highest customer retention rates in our industry.
About the Role
The Solutions Consultant is a critical role that combines the competencies of technology, industry need, customer collaboration, and sales execution. As a member of our sales team, you are a key contributor to the success of our sales objectives, you provide market domain expertise and product knowledge during all pre-sale’s engagements. As part the sales organization, your position focuses on all activities that ensure target sales achievement and enables quality deployment for total customer satisfaction.
- Understand client needs and qualify to confirm ToolsGroup solutions can provide value and design the proposed solution accordingly.
- Contribute to account strategy and challenge customer thinking with new insights.
- Prepare and respond to RFQ/RFPs.
- Build and deliver detailed and high-level product demonstrations, including demonstrations based on customer data or Proof of Concept (POC)
- Map the customer issues (both business and technology) to specific end-to-end technology solution enablers and suggest a recommended customer journey, highlighting business impact.
- Contribute to the development of standard demonstration platforms for the Supply Chain Planning solutions.
- Proactively provide effective feedback to product management on product gaps and improvement areas.
- Assist in the development and training of colleagues as required.
- Ensure a comprehensive knowledge transfer between sales and professional services at kick off
- Support marketing and channel with technical expertise in external messaging.
- Expertise and specialized knowledge in area of supply chain planning, and S&OP Process Expertise with stochastic systems, inventory planning, and supply chain modelling
- Competency with core supply chain management principals including: demand planning, supply planning, inventory policy, and performance measurement
- Ability to develop multi-level relationships and trust with customers and colleagues
- Demonstrated confidence and business acumen
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing business setting and excel in a collaborative team environment
- Minimum of five years' experience in a pre-sales position within the supply chain management software industry
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, facilitation, and time management skills
- B.A or B.S degree is required, Masters preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
We are a team of people who are crazy about Supply Chain, Machine Learning and Success! You’ll accomplish great things at ToolsGroup and grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; you will do the best work of your career and form long-lasting professional relationships with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Our benefits don't stop with competitive salaries, 401K matching with immediate vesting, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life/disability insurance. We also provide our employees with, commuter reimbursement, on-site fitness center, fully stocked kitchen, flexible work schedules and most importantly… the opportunity to surround yourself with the very best and brightest from around the globe.