Software Application EngineerMilan, Italy R&D
ToolsGroup is a leading provider of cloud-based, service-driven supply chain automation solutions for retailers, distributors and manufacturers. We serve the planning needs of many of the world’s most recognized brands. Our solutions help companies to meet their service-level commitments to their customers while minimizing inventory and improving planner productivity through automation.
Having been high performing for more than 20 years, we have a loyal global customer base of more than 300 customers worldwide in more than 44 countries and an excellent reputation for delivering high quality product and superior results.
ToolsGroup is recognized in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Nucleus Value Matrices. Our solutions include Demand Analytics, Planning and Sensing, Inventory Optimisation and DRP. Demand Planning & Sensing, Inventory Optimization, Replenishment and Sales & Operations Planning. Our unique approach to planning supports highly intelligent decision-making, combined with ease-of-use.
About the Role
We have nearly tripled the size of the business in the last decade. With increased analyst recognition, new products and an expanding sales and distribution network, we are currently enjoying the fastest growth in our company’s history.
As a Software Application Engineer you will play a central role in designing and developing algorithms to solve problems related to supply chain, with a ‘360-degrees’ integrated approach that covers: customer requirements analysis, functional & detailed specs writing, software development, alfa-testing with customer feedback.
The professional could be based in Milan or Barcelona.
- Understand business needs and requirements to properly define and validate software development specifications documents
- Search and study for possible solutions
- Create algorithms and models in order to solve the problem
- Prototype the candidate algorithm and validates it via simulations
- Implement the selected solution into the ToolsGroup product
- Support Quality Assurance for testing phase
- Support Technical Writers for technical manuals writing
- Bug fixing and customer support when required
- 1-3 years of working experience in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, knowledge of Supply Chain Management will be an advantage.
- Programming languages (C#, Java).
- Database knowledge (SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of Python, Agile Scrum methodology and coding best practices is highly appreciated.
- Fluent level of Italian and English (C1) is a must.
- Great analytical and problem solving skills, high organizational skills and ability to prioritize and adapt to changes of tasks, teamwork attitude, accountability and good communication skills.
Our people is the engine that propels ToolsGroup to innovate - pushing the boundaries of what's possible. You’ll be surrounded by the very best and brightest, rewarded with competitive compensation, and career growth opportunities; becoming part of a company where teamwork and collaboration are paramount.
Are you ready to take this exciting opportunity and develop your professional career within a growing company?
Then, send us your application today and join our team!
You can send us your updated CV and a motivation letter @ firstname.lastname@example.org