Principal ConsultantBoston, Ma / Remote US Professional Services
We are a dynamic, rapidly growing global company and the innovators of service-driven supply chain planning software. For more than two decades, we’ve been helping companies around the world overcome demand volatility and supply chain complexity so they can deliver outstanding service to their customers and bottom line.
Our solutions have been recognized by customers globally and analyst firms, such as Gartner, for our ability to support service and inventory trade-offs, while dramatically improving planner productivity. ToolsGroup has been successfully deployed worldwide in more than 44 countries, and we have one of the highest customer retention rates in our industry.
About the Role
ToolsGroup is looking for a hands-on leader to manage and expand the Professional Services organization supporting installed base customers. The mission of the Professional Services organization is to provide billable services that enhance the value of the ToolsGroup platform and enable even greater levels of customer adoption and value realization. The Principal Consultant will work as a Customer Services Manager who will manage day-to-day operations of a growing team and establish scalable processes and services.
- Partner with the Customer Success team to qualify, scope, and prioritize opportunities to ensure adequate project backlog exists to sustain the business.
- Develop engagement plans, schedules, success criteria, milestones, Scope of Work documents for new projects.
- Periodically serve a as project lead, managing joint ToolsGroup and client teams through business requirements definition, solution design and architecture, and go-live establishing yourself as a trusted partner and advisor to the Client. Ensure that projects and deliverables are completed on time and within budget, and at a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Lead the development of Professional Service offerings and methodologies; Work closely with Marketing to generate collateral and execute campaigns
- Consolidate and document Supply Chain Planning leading practices and drive continuous improvement of implementation methodologies to deliver maximum value to clients; Partner with leaders from Product Management and Delivery Excellence to incorporate leading practices into our portfolio of products and services.
- Recruit and mentor, a team of high performing Professional Service consultants and engineers
- Stay abreast of current developments on general business, industry and technical issues and challenges.
- Use a variety of resources to learn about and study business developments and technical innovations happening in the Supply Chain Management space
- Experience as a client-facing leader responsible for the management of successful Professional Services operations for a fast-growing Software as a Service (SaaS) business or related technology
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain planning processes and systems from firsthand operating or implementation experience.
- Strong understanding of contracts, staffing, service delivery, performance, and operational excellence
- Proven expertise hiring and retaining top caliber technical talent
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and detail-oriented thinking skills with a creative spirit that is contagious
- Knowledge of how all the pieces fit together – development, marketing, sales, customer success, etc.
- The ability to operate in a fast-moving environment and execute in the presence of ambiguity and change
- Experience and comfort communicating professionally via presentations, phone, well-crafted emails, meetings, and customized materials
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through direct reports and others
- Travel Requirements: Up to 30% travel, depending on the needs of the organization
Why Join ToolsGroup?
We are a team of people who are crazy about Supply Chain, Machine Learning and Success! You’ll accomplish great things at ToolsGroup and grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; you will do the best work of your career and form long-lasting professional relationships with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.