Junior Technical WriterMilan, Italy Product
ToolsGroup is the world’s most experienced provider of market-driven demand analytics and supply chain optimization software. Having been high performing for more than 20 years, we have a loyal global customer base of more than 300 customers worldwide in more than 44 countries and an excellent reputation for delivering high quality product and superior results.
ToolsGroup is recognized in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Nucleus Value Matrices. Our solutions include Demand Analytics, Planning and Sensing, Inventory Optimisation and DRP. Our unique “Powerfully Simple” approach supports highly intelligent decision-making, combined with ease-of-use.
About the Role
We have nearly tripled the size of the business in the last decade. With increased analyst recognition, new products and an expanding sales and distribution network, we are currently enjoying the fastest growth in our company’s history. Therefore, we are currently searching for a talented Junior Technical Writer to join our team based in Milan.
As Junior Technical Writer, your main responsibility will be producing technical documentation related to ToolsGroup’s supply chain planning software. The audience for the documentation comprises end-users, consultants, support staff and IT specialists.
- Write/edit technical descriptions and operational procedures for printed manual (PDF) / online help (NetHelp) targets
- Design/plan complex context-sensitive help systems
- Review technical documentation written by others
- Learn about the ToolsGroup solutions portfolio
- Understand and work from developers’ specifications
- Discuss software features with development staff in order to document them accurately
- Offer linguistic support in other areas and projects (i.e. user interface, release notes, knowledge base, marketing documents, legal contracts, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of consolidated experience as a technical writer in IT or engineering environments
- A bachelor’s degree in an academic subject, preferably English, communications, journalism, engineering, computer science or any other discipline relevant to the role
- Mother tongue or bilingual level of English is mandatory. Basic knowledge of Italian/Spanish would be useful
- Knowledge of any technical authoring application and Microsoft SharePoint would be valuable, as well as familiarity with HTML, CSS, etc.
- Clarity and summarisation skills, coupled with attention to detail and aptitude for organising information coherently
- Ability to understand and digest technical specifications written by others, and organise work schedules in order to respect tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
Our people is the engine that propels ToolsGroup to innovate - pushing the boundaries of what's possible. You’ll be surrounded by the very best and brightest, rewarded with competitive compensation, and career growth opportunities; becoming part of a company where teamwork and collaboration are paramount.
Are you ready to take this exciting opportunity and develop your professional career within a growing company?
Then, send us your application today and join our team!
You can send us your updated CV and a motivation letter @ firstname.lastname@example.org