Integration Data EngineerBogota, Colombia Professional Services
ToolsGroup is the world’s most experienced provider of market-driven demand analytics and supply chain optimization software. Having been high performing for more than 20 years, we have a loyal global customer base of more than 300 customers worldwide in more than 44 countries and an excellent reputation for delivering high quality product and superior results.
ToolsGroup is recognized in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Nucleus Value Matrices. Our solutions include Demand Analytics, Planning and Sensing, Inventory Optimisation and DRP. Our unique “Powerfully Simple” approach supports highly intelligent decision-making, combined with ease-of-use.
About the Role
ToolsGroup is looking for an Integration Data Engineer to join our global Professional Services team. We are looking for an individual who has strong data modelling and scripting skills, who will be the technical data expert during implementation of projects. An Integration Data Engineer must be able to work withlarge complex data sets, perform regression analysis and development of statistics to support the creation of optimized solutions to drive business needs successfully. In this role, he/she will be responsible for the analysis, design, documentation, development, unit testing, and support of data integration and database objects development for ToolsGroup applications. As a Data Integration Engineer, he/she will provide support and guidance regarding data integration and SQL best practices and development standards.
- Work with clients and team members to ensure clients achieve expected value respecting scope and budget
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of database applications and solutions for managing and integrating data between operational systems, data repositories, and reporting and analytical applications. This includes but is not limited to ETL, stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Recommends and provide guidance regarding Data Integration and database development, SQL best practices, and standards to the implementation team members as needed.
- Create and propose technical design documentation which includes current and future functionality, database objects affected, specifications, and flows/diagrams to detail the proposed database and/or Data Integration implementation
- Understands the business processes and the technology platform that enables it
- Provides support for investigating and troubleshooting data issues
- Analyze business/technical requirements and objectives, perform fit/gap analysis, and provide client recommendations
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and on model design and architecture
- Contribute to internal efforts to improve implementation methods and tools
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development, data integration engineering, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, and either SQL Server or Oracle Database management. T-SQL and SQL Server knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft integration technologies like Azure Data Factory will be a plus
- Experience translating integration, data transformation, and data movement requirements into architecture solutions
- Must have at least one-year experience in ERP, their function, and architecture.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (i.e., Board, Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft Power BI)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Office, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English
Why Join ToolsGroup?
We are a team of people who are crazy about Supply Chain Planning, Machine Learning, and Success! You’ll accomplish great things at ToolsGroup and grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; you will do the best work of your career and form long-lasting professional relationships with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.