Full Stack Data Scientist (Turin)Turin, Italy Product
We are a dynamic, rapidly growing global company and the innovators of service-driven supply chain planning software. For more than two decades, we’ve been helping companies around the world overcome demand volatility and supply chain complexity so they can deliver outstanding service to their customers and bottom line.
Our solutions have been recognized by customers globally and analyst firms, such as Gartner, for ou ability to support service and inventory trade-offs, while dramatically improving planner productivity. ToolsGroup has been successfully deployed worldwide in more than 44 countries, and we have one of the highest customer retention rates in our industry.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate Full Stack Data Scientist to join the Product Team. A full stack data scientist must be able to create models, test them, automate and run them to production, refine the model, and then test them again. After this, the data scientist should have the ability to convince the stakeholders about the profit their business would get from the full stack or data science, all while sticking to our clients' priorities.
- Solve business problems to expand the scope of business, understand business logic and rules, and model them inside our tools.
- Analyse, organise data and transform it to create a static, machine learning or optimization model.
- Develop sample models with clear objectives in terms of solving a business problem, share the models with the stakeholders and discuss how they would help the business grow.
- Implement the models successfully and efficiently and make them accessible. Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Write documentation, both technical and for the end-user, about our tools and their features
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Degree in Mathematical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, or similar
- Knowledge of probability concepts, statistics and machine learning models, optimization
- Knowledge of programming languages finalised to data manipulation (i.e. SQL) and product development (i.e. R and Python for applications)
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Technical mindset and interest
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Comfortable working a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates
- Ability to thrive in a partially remote organisation
- This position requires the candidate to already hold a valid work permit for Italy via EU citizenship and/or a pre-existing valid visa.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion and execution
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organisational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
Why Join ToolsGroup?
Become part of the supply chain planning disruption joining the fast-growing ToolsGroup family!
Our people are the engine that propels ToolsGroup to innovate - pushing the boundaries of what's possible. You’ll be surrounded by the very best and brightest, rewarded with competitive compensation, and career growth opportunities; becoming part of a company where teamwork and collaboration are paramount.
Are you ready to take this exciting opportunity and develop your professional career within a growing company?
Then, send us your application today and join our team!