Director, Professional ServicesBoston, Massachusetts Professional Services
ToolsGroup is a leading provider of cloud-based, service-driven supply chain automation solutions for retailers, distributors and manufacturers. We serve the planning needs of many of the world’s most recognized brands including Harley Davidson, P&G, Absolut and Aston Martin. Our solutions help companies to meet their service-level commitments to their customers while minimizing inventory and improving planner productivity through automation.
ToolsGroup is recognized in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Nucleus Value Matrices. Our solutions include Demand Planning & Sensing, Inventory Optimization, Replenishment and Sales & Operations Planning. Our unique approach to planning supports highly intelligent decision-making, combined with ease-of-use.
About the Role
Experiencing the fastest growth in our company’s history, ToolsGroup, North America is looking for a hands-on leader to build, manage, and expand our Professional Services organization. The mission of the Professional Services organization is to provide billable services that enhance the value of the ToolsGroup platform and enable even greater levels of customer adoption and value realization. The Director of Professional Services will also manage the day-to-day operations of a growing team and establish scalable processes and services.
This key leadership position will be based in our North American headquarters located in Boston, MA.
- Engage with clients to understand opportunities to enhance the value of the ToolsGroup platform through services.
- Lead the development of Professional Service offerings and methodologies; Work closely with Marketing to generate collateral and execute campaigns
- Partner with Sales team to qualify, scope, and prioritize opportunities to ensure adequate project backlog exists to sustain the business.
- Develop engagement plans, schedules, success criteria, milestones; Ensure that projects and deliverables are completed on time and within budget, and at a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Proactively identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive successful customer and business outcomes.
- Consolidate and document Supply Chain Planning leading practices and drive continuous improvement of implementation methodologies to deliver maximum value to clients; Partner with leaders from Product Management and Engineering to incorporate leading practices into our portfolio of products.
- Recruit and mentor a team of high performing Professional Service consultants and engineers, based in Boston and other key regions as needed.
- Stay abreast of current developments on general business, industry and technical issues and challenges. Use a variety of resources to learn about and study business developments and technical innovations happening in the Supply Chain Management space
- Experience as the client-facing leader responsible for the management of successful Professional Services operations for a fast-growing Software as a Service (SaaS) business or related technology (Supply Chain Management knowledge is strongly preferred)
- Strong understanding of contracts, staffing, service delivery, performance and operational excellence
- Proven expertise hiring and retaining top caliber technical talent in the Boston area
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and detail-oriented thinking skills with a creative spirit that is contagious
- Knowledge of how all the pieces fit together – development, marketing, sales, customer success, etc.
- The ability to operate in a fast-moving environment and execute in the presence of ambiguity and change
- Experience and comfort communicating professionally via presentations, phone, well-crafted emails, meetings and customized materials
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through direct reports and others
- Travel Requirements: Up to 30% travel, depending on the needs of the organization
We are a team of people who are crazy about Supply Chain, Machine Learning and Success! You’ll accomplish great things at ToolsGroup and grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; you will do the best work of your career and form long-lasting professional relationships with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Our benefits don't stop with competitive salaries, 401K matching with immediate vesting, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life/disability insurance. We also provide our employees with an annual performance bonus, commuter reimbursement, on-site fitness center, fancy coffee in tiny cups, lots of “groupie grub,” flexible work schedules and most importantly… the opportunity to surround yourself with the very best and brightest from around the globe.