Business Development SpecialistBoston, Massachusetts Sales
ToolsGroup is the market leader for service-driven planning with advanced analytics, inventory optimization, and supply planning software in the cloud. Our solutions have been recognized by customers globally and analyst firms such as Gartner, Nucleus Research, Frost & Sullivan for our ability to support service and inventory trade-offs, combined with an ease-of-use that results in dramatically improved planning productivity. ToolsGroup has been successfully deployed worldwide in more than 44 countries, and we have one of the highest customer retention rates in our industry. Our experience includes manufacturers, wholesale distributors, and retailers in a wide range of service and inventory-driven industries.
About the Role
ToolsGroup is hiring a Business Development Specialist to join our growing North America Sales team. This role will report into the Vice President of Sales. This position will work closely with Sales and Marketing teams, contributing to lead generation and supporting the sales cycle from qualification through closing. The Business Development Specialist will also oversee the systems and events that are critical to a well-run sales process. This position provides first-hand exposure to the inner-workings of a Sales organization at a growing SaaS company and an accelerated education in leading supply chain planning practices.
The ideal candidate has worked with rapidly growing organizations and a broad spectrum of sales metrics, processes and tools. A strong understanding of selling processes and experience within a SaaS organization is preferred.
- Contribute to the sales goal by identifying targets and generating interest / introductions to sales executives in individual meetings and segment events
- Support efficient and effective sales cycles with proposals and content as required
- Knowledge management oversight of sales cycles, preserving and sharing content across the team
- Ensure optimal use of Salesforce and maintaining CRM data quality at the highest level to support ongoing decision making,
- Prospect and build a sales pipeline by conducting outbound sales and marketing activities in key accounts and target verticals
- Conference and Event success support including pre-event appointment setting and post-event follow-up
- Partner with Regional Marketing Director, Director of Influencer Relations & Content Marketing and sales to define, develop and execute multi-touch marketing campaigns
- Lead special projects as they arise including presentations, industry and research related projects, sales analytics, etc.
- A. or B.S. Degree required
- 3 – 5 years sales experience, or 2 years in sales operations preferably in software
- Enthusiastic and a genuine desire to fuel growth with a winning mentality, hard work, integrity and the commitment to enable sales
- Analytical and organizational skills, that contribute to efficient processes and quality sales cycles
- Experience and confidence communicating professionally at executive and operational levels
- Persuasive speaking and writing from the phone to proposals
- Broad supply chain knowledge including the planning function
- Track record of success exceeding quota
- Strong skills Microsoft Office and ability to use Salesforce, Hubspot, DemandBase, Zoom Info, Google drive/docs
- Position is based in Boston at ToolsGroup North American headquarter office
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google suite
Why Join ToolsGroup?
We are a team of people who are crazy about Supply Chain, Machine Learning and Success! You’ll accomplish great things at ToolsGroup and grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; you will do the best work of your career and form long-lasting professional relationships with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Our benefits don't stop with competitive salaries, 401K matching with immediate vesting, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life/disability insurance. We also provide our employees with an annual performance bonus, commuter reimbursement, on-site fitness center, fancy coffee in tiny cups, lots of “groupie grub,” flexible work schedules and most importantly… the opportunity to surround yourself with the very best and brightest supply chain transformers from around the globe.