Business ConsultantBoston, MA / Remote US Professional Services
ToolsGroup is the world’s most experienced provider of market-driven demand analytics and supply chain optimization software. Having been high performing for more than 20 years, we have a loyal global customer base of more than 300 customers worldwide in more than 44 countries and an excellent reputation for delivering high quality product and superior results. Our recent acquisition of the JustEnough demand management suite strengthens our positioning across the supply chain into retail.
ToolsGroup is recognized in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Nucleus Value Matrices. Our solutions include Demand Analytics, Planning and Sensing, Inventory Optimisation and DRP, as well as demand forecasting, replenishment & allocation, and merchandise financial and assortment planning on the retail side. Our unique “Powerfully Simple” approach supports highly intelligent decision-making, combined with ease-of-use.
About the Role
Play a lead role in working with the customer team to translate their business requirements into a solution design supported by the base solution. The business consultant is expected to provide an advisory role throughout the implementation, including participation in the planning and implementation of customer projects. The business consultant will provide direction, support, and subject matter expertise to the customer project team. This includes analysis of business and technical requirements, project objectives, performing fit and gap analysis, and provide recommendations to customer based on collaboration with the internal development teams.
- Facilitate and lead design sessions, providing best practice recommendations regarding achieving identified business challenges using the Software.
- Consult with customer team to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Document correspondence, decisions, and other communications with customer and internal stakeholders.
- Work with Project Manager to develop a project plan, budget, scope, charter and assist with managing of project scope and open issues.
- Act as a liaison between customer end-users, technical/information technology analysts, and technical consultants in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of system to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Develop the business solution design document according to ToolsGroup standards.
- Provide guidance to technical resources during technical design sessions.
- Interpret system and functional literature and translate in terms understandable to the end-users.
- Drive internal functional testing.
- Advisor for customer business driven UAT scenario creation activity.
- Support end-to-end and user acceptance testing and testing of new functionality.
- Provide training, mentoring, and coaching of customer business staff.
- Develop training curriculum and conduct formal training sessions.
- Currently all project work is done remotely. Applicant must have ability to work remotely from home, but be willing to travel with travel requirements potentially increasing up to 75% in the future.
- 7-10 years retail experience in a planning capacity.
- Knowledge of retail financial and open-to-buy planning, merchandise planning, assortment planning, replenishment & allocation, demand forecasting, inventory planning.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - both written and oral, including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to facilitate a business requirements gathering session with a group of up to 25 users and document what you learn.
- Analytical thinker with strong math skills.
- Strong business acumen – you’ll be working with the customer’s business team, so you need to know how they think.
- Retail business software experience – either working for a software company or implementing a major business software package as a consultant or as a customer.
- Strong project management skills – ability to put together a project plan and manage a project and budget.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Education – minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
Why Join ToolsGroup?
We are a team of people who are crazy about Retail, Supply Chain, Machine Learning and Success! You’ll accomplish great things at ToolsGroup and grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; you will do the best work of your career and from long-lasting professional relationships with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.