Backend Software EngineerMilan, Italy Product Development
ToolsGroup is a leading provider of cloud-based, service-driven supply chain automation solutions for retailers, distributors and manufacturers. We serve the planning needs of many of the world’s most recognized brands including Harley Davidson, P&G, Absolut and Aston Martin. Our solutions help companies to meet their service-level commitments to their customers while minimizing inventory and improving planner productivity through automation.
ToolsGroup is recognized in multiple Gartner Magic Quadrants and Nucleus Value Matrices. Our solutions include Demand Planning & Sensing, Inventory Optimization, Replenishment and Sales & Operations Planning. Our unique approach to planning supports highly intelligent decision-making, combined with ease-of-use.
About the Role
We have nearly tripled the size of the business in the last decade. With increased analyst recognition, new products and an expanding sales and distribution network, we are currently enjoying the fastest growth in our company’s history.
Therefore, we are currently searching for a talented Backend Software Engineer to join our team based in Milan.
As Backend Software Engineer Microsoft Stack (SQL, Windows, .NET) you will be responsible for implementing and optimising SQL procedures and windows native features related to different modules of our product suite.
The mission is to develop software functionalities with a ‘360-degrees’ integrated approach that covers: customer requirements analysis, functional & detailed specs writing, software development, alfa-testing with customer feedback.
- Define and validate software development specification documents
- Implement and optimize data-related logics using T-SQL
- Develop and maintain Windows native applications with .NET Visual Studio
- Support the Quality Assurance during the test phase.
- Support technical documentation redacting technical manuals.
- Bug fixing and customer support when required.
- More than 5 years of working experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Technical Bachelor Degree (computer science, engineering etc)
- Knowledge of Microsoft development environments (Visual Studio), SQL Server and T-SQL, Microsoft Azure stack knowledge
- Methodical and organised; able to have all documentation associated with new developments properly updated on time
- Organisational skills; flexible and capable to prioritise various tasks in order to achieve objectives
- Creativity, problem solving and analytical skills (structured mind) to be able to through the different stages of the process (Definition – Design – Solution - Measurement)
- Customer service orientation, as well as effective communication skills.
- Maturity and common sense are qualities that would be very valuable.
- Excellent level of English (C1 or more).
Our people is the engine that propels ToolsGroup to innovate - pushing the boundaries of what's possible. You’ll be surrounded by the very best and brightest, rewarded with competitive compensation, and career growth opportunities; becoming part of a company where teamwork and collaboration are paramount.
Are you ready to take this exciting opportunity and develop your professional career within a growing company? Then, send us your application today and join our team!